HALF A MILLION DOWNLOADS REACHED - Helping Safeguard children from psychiatric drug harm due to possible severe toxic side effects. We need alternatives like psychological interventions, physical activity, or mindfulness training as a first course of action. Let's 'Enable not Label' kids to give them better futures - - - - - - - - -"There can be no keener examination of a society's soul than the way it chooses to treat its children." - - - - - - Nelson Mandela
"Psychiatrists: the drug pushers. " Is the current epidemic of depression and hyperactivity the result of disease-mongering by the psychiatric profession and big pharma? by Will Self + REPONSES ON LETTERS PAGE - COURTESY OF THE GUARDIAN 3-08-13 - USE HYPERLINKWill Self- author. Psychiatrists: the drug pushers Is the current epidemic of depression and hyperactivity the resu...
Dave Traxson - Educational Psychologist on the Adrian Goldberg Show - BBC Radio WM -on 7-08-15 about his Proposed Checklist to Safeguard Children from Psychotropics Endorsed by Professor Allen Frances.LINK : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008nxy3 STARTS at 27 mins. FOR CHECKLIST GO TO - PSYCHIATRIC TIMES ARTICLE LINK: cid...
A PSYCHOLOGICAL FORMULATION OF MENTAL DISTRESS - THE HPP MODEL COMMENTARY - (TRAXSON, PARKER, ROWLAND AND MATTHEWS 2011)-------"What we need as professionals is a naturalistic narrative of needs NOT a dysfunctional discussion of dubiously diagnosed disorders." - A menu of alternatives to medication is proposed to trigger creative thinking about the options available to deal with behavioural difficulties.THE HPP MODEL OF MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE FEATURES OF THE HPP MODEL - A multi-dimensional discursive appro...
How Race and Class can Affect Teacher Perceptions of ADHD Medication Usage by Sadie Cathcart Courtesy of MadinAmerica WebsiteStudy uncovers teachers’ attitudes surrounding ADHD medication use and examines the influence of race and social cla...
DSM- YOUTUBE VIDEO - The Truth about Mental Health Disorders - Psychology - BY PROFESSOR JOHN BREEDINGhttp://youtu.be/j-wMP2Q0Ifs DSM- YOUTUBE VIDEO - The Truth about Mental Health Disorders - Psychology - BY PROFESSOR JOHN BREEDING
YOUTUBE VIDEO - DAVE TRAXSON'S SHORT POWER POINT PRESENTATION ABOUT THE OVER-PRESCRIPTION OF PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS TO KIDS IN THE U,K,http://youtu.be/R882V8hNcF0 WATCH THIS SUMMARY OF A SEMINAR GIVEN AT THE BRITISH PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY DECP CONFERENCE IN 2011.
NEW STUDY GIVES ALTERNATIVE : MEDITATION NOT MEDICATION FOR KIDS WITH 'ADHD SYMPTOMS' COURTESY OF THE GATHER WEBSITEhttp://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977580120&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter CLICK ON...
A Must Read for All Parents, Teachers, and ADD / ADHD Thrivers By Kathryn Goetzke Iqbal, the cheeky abangLast year I attended a conf...
Meditation really is good for the brain as study reveals it switches off areas linked to ADHD - Courtesy of Mail onlineMeditation really is good for the brain as study reveals it switches off areas linked to ADHD and Alzheimer’s Meditation decreased activ...
ETHICS - MODERN APPROACHES - COURTESY OF WIKIPEDIA - THINK HOW THIS APPLIES TO THE OVER-PRESCRIPTION ISSUE.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics CLICK ABOVE FOR FULL ARTICLE Modern ethics In the current era, ethical theories are often divid...
Total Downloads Worldwide
Wednesday, 30 October 2019
Saturday, 26 October 2019
ADHD NATION - PHARMA AMERICA - PROFITS FROM PILLS TO VULNERABLE KIDS.
Monday, 21 October 2019
Monday, 14 October 2019
"The most admired lawbreaker in America," the Johnson and Johnson fine for Risperidone story on Huffington Post
Tuesday, 8 October 2019
ANOTHER RINGING ENDORSEMENT FROM LEADING U.S. PSYCHIATRIST FOR OUR DECP REFLECTIVE CHECKLIST IN OCTOBER 2019 By Allen Frances MD - ex-editori in chief of DSMIV - Checklist inspired by the seminal book 'The Checklist manifesto' by Atul Gawande.
"In kids, psychiatric diagnosis should always be written in pencil & meds should be the last resort, not a first reflex.
We must re-educate MDs/parents/teachers/public on a careful stepped approach that serves the child, not the system.Another ringing endorsement from Professor Allen Frances - ex-Editor in Chief of the DSMIV Diagnostic Manual from the American Psychiatric Association."
"This useful checklist is wonderful start."
PAUSE - REFLECT - REVIEW
1)· Are the child’s behavioural differences pervasive, occurring in a wide range of social settings and observed by a range of different individuals in the community?
· 2) Are the child’s difficulties severe, enduring, and significantly impairing?
· 3) Have there been any stresses in the child’s relationships, social context, and recent history which might explain this pattern of behaviours?
· 4) Does the child have presenting behaviours that closely conform to an approved usage for the particular medication being considered at this time?
· 5) Is there research evidence on the efficacy and safety of this specific medication with children of the same age, gender, and social grouping?
· 6) Are the child’s presenting behaviours significantly impairing in a range of settings to acceptably balance the possible impact on the child’s developing brain and body from the evidence based side effects of the specific medications being considered?
· 7) Do the child’s parents and involved professionals see the child’s differences as significant enough to require this medication?
· 8) Has a psychological intervention, such as a talking therapy (CBT etc.); a social intervention such as ‘Circle of Friends’ / ‘Buddy System’ or a physical intervention such as participation in sport been tried prior to prescribing this particular psychotropic medication being considered?
· 9) Have there been any reported significant adverse side effects from this specific medication with children of the same age, gender and social grouping?
· 10) Have you carefully weighed up the short and long-term risks and balanced them against possible benefits?
· 11) Have you received valid consent from the parent and the child?
And perhaps the most searching question:
· 12) If a child in your immediate family or circle of friends had the same presenting behaviours that are in front of you now, would you still be prepared to prescribe this drug?
SEE LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PLAUDITS : https://lnkd.in/gbWM5qq
Thursday, 3 October 2019
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)